EMEA Market Structure Strategy - CORE Product Job
Location: London, GBR
Bloomberg is seeking a seasoned market professional to manage our CORE Product Market structure strategy and related activities within our EMEA region. This position will be located in our London office, reporting into the Global Head of Market Structure Strategy in NY.
The CORE Product business area is responsible for the design and functionality of the Bloomberg Professional service, with Product managers ensuring that the content and analytics align with the workflow of financial professionals across both the buy- and sell-side. They determine what R&D is going to develop, what Sales is going to sell and what Analytics will support - making CORE Product a major contributor to added value in the Bloomberg Professional service.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying potential impacts to financial market structure resulting from changes in Regulations, Technology and Competition
- Active participation in decisions around product microstructure and protocols to be supported by our products
- Work closely with all CORE Product business leaders to ensure we are addressing client needs resulting from market structure change
- Leading the coordination and consensus building of cross-functional teams to ensure consistency in the delivery of product and services to our clients, across front, middle and back office business units
- Manage strategic relationships, partnerships and alliances with third party market participants including Industry Consortia, Exchanges, IDBs, other Service Providers, and market structure professionals at banks and other clients
- Representing the firm, alongside other Bloomberg professionals, in front of Regulators, Central Banks and other influential industry bodies
- Supporting CORE Product and Sales teams in client presentations, discussions and the whole sales process
Experience, Skills and Attributes:
- Extensive related work experience at a global sell-side or buy-side firm, or exchange/clearinghouse
- Deep knowledge of the global financial markets and its participants, including the impact that regulations, technology and competition are having on financial market structure
- A strong working knowledge of the global cash and derivative asset classes, including Fixed Income, Currencies, Commodities, and Equities
- Strong proven leadership skills with the ability to motivate cross-functional teams towards a common goal
- Broad industry relationships across global exchanges, IDBs, banks, broker/dealers and buy-side institutions
What Bloomberg does - and how you can make your mark here:
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy and innovation-which is where you come in.
At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients - and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Job Segment: Equity, R&D, Finance, Research
TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB VACANCY. PLEASE CALL DIRECT TO Mr. RAVI THAKUR ON (+44) 7477117028