Solution Architect job in Bracknell
Job Ref: 1296454 Employer: HP Job Type: Permanent Country: United Kingdom City: Bracknell Address: UK, United Kingdom, , Berkshire, Bracknell
Post Date: 15/05/2015 01:25
An industry leading DevOps Architect with experience in leading and shaping Enterprise scale projects based on HP Software's ADM, ITOM and Cloud and Automation portfolios.
The role will sit within the ADM Delivery team within Professional Services and will require deep architectural and implementation knowledge of multiple HP Software technologies.
Architect Enterprise-strength DevOps solutions for customers:
- Understand the customer's business problem, need, or opportunity and design an IS solution that completely and correctly addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity without unnecessary enhancements.
- Lead the architectural design, development, deployment, and be responsible for the technical quality of large enterprise or global solutions that span multiple technologies and disciplines.
- Provide architectural direction for multiple medium to large sized projects concurrently in various stages of their lifecycle or a large project full time.
Support Opportunity Pursuit
- Play a leadership role in business development activities for large, complex opportunities.
- Position HP offering against the competition
- Provide HP with voice of the account
- Play key role in preparing proposals and bids for large, complex opportunities
- Demonstrate excellent consultative, solution selling skills
Consult and Influence
- Build and manage long-term, strategic relationships at C- and D- level.
- Design and present high-impact messages to customer's Executive level management.
- Use a wide variety of presentation tools to persuasively communicate complex messages to multiple audience levels, including Executive level management
- Prepare and create original materials to communicate with the customer.
- Represent HP at external customer and industry events
- Play a leading role in the Architect profession at both local and regional level.
- Contribute significantly in the development of new HP services and modifications to the methodology, including Knowledge Management and Reuse
Technical Skills and Experience Required:
- Broad IT industry knowledge with depth in multiple areas.
- Interested in future technology or operational trends as they relate to and support customer business directions ("trusted advisor" role).
- Broad knowledge of IT and business standards and best practices and how to apply this appropriately in solutions
- Expert or Master level of knowledge of multiple technologies or IT disciplines
- Ability to write Statements of Work for large enterprise or global level solutions that span multiple technologies or operational areas.
- Ability to apply program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure the accomplishment of targeted goals for large enterprise or global level projects.
- Successfully works on project teams (individual success defined by how the organization works as a team, including resource and skill sharing across the organization).
Required Technology Implementation Experience including some of
- HP ADM Portfolio (ALM, QC, Performance Center, UFT, Service Virtualization)
- HP Cloud and Automation Portfolio (CSA, SA, DMA)
- Selected third party development and automation tools such as Jenkins, Chef, TFS, Source Control Management Systems
Industry experience - minimum 10 to 15 years Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Professional Accreditations/Certifications in relevant Architecture-related disciplines (Zachman, TOGAF etc) preferred
e.g. Background Checks required, amount of travel expected etc
- T his is a 50% mobile role, travel compulsory
- The candidate must hold a current driving licence
- Security Clearance desirable
TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB VACANCY. PLEASE CALL DIRECT TO Mr. RAVI THAKUR ON (+44) 7477117028