IQ Executive - United Kingdom
Unix Engineer - 3 Month Contract - York
To start: ASAP
Duration: 3 Months
Rate: UP to £430 per day
IQ Tech are seeking an experienced Unix Engineer to join a leading Managed Services Organisation based in York.
Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate will have experience in Linux systems administration, support and project delivery.
• A range of Internet-facing hosting experience
• ITIL knowledge is beneficial but not essential.
• Good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
• Linux systems administration (preferably Debian and RedHat based distributions)
Optional but beneficial
• Configuration management (Puppet, Chef, SVN)
• Common web delivery applications (Nginx, Varnish, Apache HTTPD, IIS)
• Common protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.)
• Understanding of cross platform relational databases (MySQL, Percona, MSSQL)
• At least one common scripting language from Python, Ruby, Perl, Powershell, TrafficScript
• Virtualisation (KVM, VMWare, Xen)
• Managing platforms in AWS or other IaaS clouds
• Load Balancing technologies (Corosync, f5, StringRay)
• Continuous delivery / Integration (Jenkins , Bamboo, Go)
• Ensuring the availability and functionality of customer systems and infrastructure, to agreed levels of service, by pro-actively monitoring, maintaining and upgrading these systems.
• Management of an incident ticket stack and individual ticket progress for their customers, with the expectation that incidents are resolved within the terms of an SLA
• Managing the timely and successful resolution of all requests coming in from customers and internal development teams relating to the service.
• Collaborating with fellow engineers to quickly and efficiently expedite the resolution of issues. This includes incident management, change management and problem management.
• Providing capacity, availability and service continuity management for customer systems and infrastructure.
TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB VACANCY. PLEASE CALL DIRECT TO Mr. RAVI THAKUR ON (+44) 7477117028